TMHA Contributes to Local News Piece About Fire in Austin MH Community

At the end of last week a tragic house fire occurred in a South Austin manufactured home community.  The fire was the result of accidental improper use of candles.  While the home damage was a total loss all eight family members were able to escape the fire.  As of Sunday, December 7, five of the six children had been released from the hospital.  One seven year old boy and the mother are both improving at a Dallas hospital burn center.

K-EYE news contacted TMHA Friday morning to discuss fires in “mobile homes.”  TMHA’s Executive Director, DJ Pendleton, did an on camera interview with K-EYE reporter Fred Cantu regarding modern manufactured homes and the fire prevention and detection technologies available today.

The story aired during the Friday six o'clock news in Austin.

The story and video, including the short excerpt used from Pendleton’s interview area available here.